Continuing the restoration of Parkside
project involved the rehabilitation of six severely deteriorated, 3
story German Baroque buildings at 1721-31 Marlton Ave., which included
interior renovations and alterations to accommodate 25 new units in
three newly arranged apartment buildings.
The buildings were originally constructed as six separate homes
by developer Frederick Poth
Although smaller in
construction, these buildings share the same character and design
features as the Brantwood buildings along Parkside Avenue.
the new design, there are 3 units per floor in each of three
properties, except on the first floors of 1721-23, and 1725-27, which
have public space in lieu of one apartment.
Two units on the first floor of 1721-23 are designed for full
Handicapped accessibility. A handicap ramp was installed at the rear
of the property and a wheelchair lift was installed at the south end
of the front porch. In addition to the 25 apartments, 1721-23 houses
offices at the first floor and laundry facilities in the basement.
1725-27 has a community meeting room at the first floor.
Mechanical areas are located in the basement of each structure.
transformation of these Marlton Avenue row houses, on the verge of
total collapse, is yet another example of the developer's persistent
rehabilitation of returning the Parkside Historic District to its
Marlton after renovations
Marlton before renovations